So he’s proposed and you’ve accepted… now it’s time to find that dress
After decades in the bridal and high-fashion industries we have amassed a veritable treasure-trove of knowledge that we would like to share with you in order to help make the whole process, from finding your dream dress, to walking down the aisle as smooth and special as possible. Under the headings below you should find all the information that you require, and some that you may not have even thought of yet! Please take the time to expand each heading, and don’t forget that you can feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Our designers truly are the leaders of the industry and are the epitome of ultimate luxury. These gowns are cut and made in the UK (to the main) to order for each bride. We are proud to have a close, one to one relationship with each designer and work exclusively with them on your behalf.
The list of designers we represent is equivalent to the ‘royal flush’, each being the top designer of their category and style.
Suzanne Neville – unsurpassed in her hour glass figure enhancing corsetry with contemporary design.
Stewart Parvin – understated elegance with superb, subtle cut.
Alice Temperley – utterly feminine, luxurious, eclectic and timeless.
David Fielden – Creative, uber cool, sophisticated yet outstanding feminine cut.
Caroline Castigliano – Refined class, relaxed glamour and sartorial sensuality.
Our consultations are one-to-one with Carina herself and run for approximately 1.5 hours where you are given an in-depth and professional styling advice which covers many aspects of your wedding. This consultation is genuine and honest with a vast understanding of each brides individuality.
We also have a fabulous team of administrators who are here to help you at every turn or query.
The final part of your journey with us is with our couture level seamstresses whose expertise in what they do will ensure perfection in the final outcome of your chosen dress.
Carina Baverstock Couture
11 Silver Street
We would advise to always have a budget in mind when beginning your dress hunt as this will influence both your choice of boutique and level of designer. We have an entry-level of £1800 and can go to £6000 with an average sale being between £2500-£3000.
We do apply particular importance to the standard of the fitting of our gowns and therefore, make a charge for this. This charge is discussed at the time of purchase when the right package for you is recommended. We do offer full made-to-measure service with a toile and/or standard fitting packages
We have a premium ex-display dress boutique for those lucky brides whose height and size may work for these dresses at amazing discounted prices. These brides would still receive the excellent Carina Baverstock Couture experience.
May we recommend that you wear nude underwear with good fitting pants and a strapless bra if possible. We do have a small selection of bras for your convenience as well as shoes.
Carina will listen to all your hopes, worries and anxieties about any figure issues and, with the right advice and choice of dress all these wobbles will be magically taken away.
The Carina brides are confident and elegant throughout. You will be guided through trying on several dresses from our stunning collections and advice will be given on the perfect colour choice for your complexion as well as neckline and overall silhouette to balance your figure.
This will of course be lots of fun!
Weekday consultations are complimentary however on Saturdays we do charge a £30 fee due to demand. Out of hour VIP appointments are available by arrangement.
This can be a brilliant way to purchase your wedding gown however being an average height and a size 8-12 can be an advantage. All our ex-display dresses are of premium quality and excellent condition. Alteration packages are available to purchase.These sale gowns are paid in full at the time of purchase.
We love little ones but please try not to bring them with you to your very special consultation. We want you to be able to soak up every moment and not feel distracted in any way from the enjoyment of the boutique.
During consultations, we would recommend not taking any photographs. Often the sample gowns do not fit well and that is what the onlooker of the photograph will focus on.
Please don’t leave the ordering of your chosen gown too late. Magazines often give out wrong information about this. Some companies can do less than six months, others need more according to how busy they are or the fabric involved where the fabric is sourced. With time, we can do anything.
Congratulations on selecting your dream wedding dress and for becoming a Carina Baverstock Couture bride!
The CBC Team will always be here to hold your hand and advise you through any wobbles or queries you may have, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions at all. They will now process your order with your chosen designer and follow the orders placed with us through on your behalf. They are also there to organise all fitting appointments so feel free to call or they will contact you at the key points during the process.
These are highly trained, couture standard seamstresses. She is your new best friend and she will work with you, advising you on the right underwear, the fit of the dress and of course, carry out necessary alterations for you to ensure perfect fit. Finally she will press and professionally pack your gown for collection.
We like to recommend Ender Legard for all underwear solutions.
We will contact you at the key points throughout your journey with us to book in for your relevant fitting appointments, or do feel free to contact us.
We have a wonderful team of fitters who hold appointments on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. When booking in you will be asked which day of the week is generally best for you and we would ask you to try and stick to that day for your measurement appointment, toile appointment (where applicable) and of course the first and second fit of your dress.
Please work with us and try to keep holiday days or half days for your all-important fittings! Buying the dress is just the first step, the fittings process is just as important and will make the gown truly yours.
These are held in our beautiful, brand new, private fitting rooms tucked away behind our boutique.
1. Breathe Deeply and Relax! Let us assure you that the first fit of your actual gown is to ‘perfect the fit’ – don’t expect it to be perfect yet, that is why you are with us, so that we can get it just right for you.
2. You are working with experienced, fully trained, in-house bridal fitters and couture level seamstresses who will ensure you have a beautifully fitted dress but please try to keep in mind the following advice:
– May we advise you just bring one or two special people such as your mum or bridesmaid as a second pair of eyes, preferably it should be the person dressing you on the day.
– Bra and shoes are essential for a 1st fitting and without them our fitters cannot do their job.
- Bring a choice of bras (leave the labels on!) and allow the fitter to advise the best bra for you and your dress. If you are struggling to find good underwear that will work with your dress, then we may have found the perfect solution for your backless, frontless and strapless needs! Please click on the following link to view this great range: www.enderlegard.com
- Knickers should be nude and seamless
- Choose shoes which are comfortable and will last the whole day and evening. If you change to a lower shoe later on your wedding day, your dress will ‘drag’ across the floor.
– At first fit, decide with your fitter on everything you feel needs to be done on your dress so that by the second fit, it should all be perfect for you. It is imperative you hold your weight between first and second fit. Third fits are available, but the less your dress is handled, the more pristine it will remain and the fewer additional costs you will incur.
– It’s important to arrive on time for your fittings. Unfortunately we cannot keep the next bride waiting, so it will be your appointment that is cut short.
– Smile, you are a lucky girl wearing the most beautiful dress in the world!